Rare Disease Account Executive - Orphan Disease
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Our client is a multinational pharmaceutical company specialised in rare and orphan diseases.
Descripción de la oferta
Focal to the success of the Rare Disease Account Executive remit will be:
- Working across a large cross-functional team in order to ensure patients have access to the product and troubleshoot any challenges.
- Identifying Hospital / Center / network and patient flow landscape, learning about rare diseases and specifically Spinal Muscular Artrophy treatment decisions. Understanding the regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring the right guardrails in place.
- Ensure logistics are in place to administer the product and IT application
- Provide information to management to help with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts - e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
- Build intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholder's priorities and decision making processes (patient flow identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for the product utilisation.
- Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed
- Develops and executes an effective business plan for maximising territory sales working cross functionally with field market access and field medical ensuring that stakeholder needs are being met.
- Building up, strengthening and ensuring a long-term customer relationship with the account's key stakeholders responsible for Spinal Muscular Artrophy care delivery and funding of treatment, ensuring favourable environment for the product via regular dialog with key stakeholders.
Achieving commercial goals:
- Works toward achievement of improving the standard of care in centers already seeing Spinal Muscular Artrophy patients, identifying the networks develop tactics to strengthen the network between centers and satellite's.
- Implement regional events to improve time to diagnosis and time to treatment. Drive patient flow identification and market development for Spinal Muscular Artrophy by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans.
- Continuously appraise sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business. Is able to effectively prioritise time, activities, and resources to optimise accounts with the most sales potential.
Business planning and execution:
- Develops and executes an annual territory business plan that includes prioritised account goals, quantitative and qualitative approach to any negotiations needed to ensure the company's success in its Spinal Muscular Artrophy sales objectives.
- Provides analysis of business and patient access threats and opportunities at relevant stages of the patient journey within the prioritised accounts, based on customer insights, health insurer's purchasing guidelines and practices, and competitive actions. Provide input on how drivers and barriers to access can be optimally addressed in to actionable objectives.
Leveraging and coordinating resources:
- Plans and executes educational programs, network meetings, digital events for their territory.
- Sets their own travel schedule and call plan on a daily/weekly basis to ensure adequate coverage for all key accounts.
- Supports Regional Lead and colleagues in the analysis and classification of key accounts based on predefined criteria within the assigned territory and in the identification of potential key customer.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- Bachelor in Science and/or business administration, economy or related.
- Master degree desirable.
- English Advance level (reading mainly) Intermediate Speaking.
- 4+ years of commercial experience in the hospital/academic medical center/biotech industry.
- Pricing Policies knowledge highly desirable.
- High degree of learning agility to learn/understand the product administration and neuromuscular diseases. Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle risk and uncertainty.
- Must have experience working in a commercial team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs, ideally in leading cross functional field team
- Preferred experience in rare diseases ( essential)
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organisation; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
This position offers an extraordinary opportunity in a therapeutic area with high unmet needs, translating market insights into innovative programs to address those needs and solving complex problems. We offer a competitive Salary + benefits and will depend on the candidate's experience.