- Underwrite Latam surety and credit Reinsurance
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Our client offers specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products across key UK, European, Middle East, US and other international locations. They provide brokers and insureds with a broad product range through the Company.
They are one of the world's leading specialist re / insurers with a commitment to helping his employees, brokers and clients, and the communities in which they live and work, to prosper. As an employer it is important for them to promote a culture in which they adopt their core principles, communication, teamwork, performance, ambition.
As Senior Underwriter, main responsibilities are:
- Support the development of the annual business plan for the Underwriting division and ensure delivery of the plan in accordance with stated risk tolerances;
- Proactively drive the medium term regional strategy for Latin America to ensure profitable growth combined with a diversified and balanced portfolio;
- Ensure the team's awareness of the business plan and its context so that they are able to take appropriate action and make informed decisions;
- Contribute and participate in all meetings in order to share and develop strategy, knowledge and best practice, also bring new ideas and concepts to support the development and delivery of the business plan;
- Establish and strengthen relationships with brokers, industry bodies, business partners, re insurers and colleagues, to maximise influence and achieve business objectives;
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of market dynamics and market cycles to drive and enhance business performance;
- Continually develop expertise and technical knowledge through appropriate development initiatives;
- Underwrite reinsurance programmes in accordance with the business plan to meet business objectives;
- Compliance with all applicable internal and external laws, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance;
- Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and best practice methodology in order to minimise risk;
- Manage resources across the team to ensure business requirements are achieved;
- Motivate and develop the team by demonstrating good leadership behaviours and management best practice.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
The candidate should have:
- More than 15 years of experience in the industry;
- Extensive knowledge of relevant market conditions for specific class / portfolio;
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements;
- Strong knowledge underwriting process and procedure;
- Thorough understanding of class specific underwriting and reinsurance knowledge;
- Intermediate / advanced level understanding of relevant software including Excel and other departmental software packages;
- Strong level of numeracy and literacy skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Ability to analyse and use data for decision making;
- Strong attention to detail;
- People management - ability to engage and lead a team;
- Degree or equivalent qualification desired;
- Significant experience gained within the reinsurance industry;
- Use of risk profiling and pricing tools and loss models;
- Strong established customer / broker relationships;
- English proficiency is a must, Portuguese is a plus;
- The position requires travel availability.
Attractive salary plus STI, common benefits included.